14.4.12

Where's my spring?

Since we've moved here I've really missed having a magnolia in the garden.
I love the smell and the nice flowers in the spring.
When the garden gets re-done I'm planting one.
When we went to the Lady Chapel for the beer festival, at the back a big old magnolia was in full bloom. Delicious.

I'm not too sure if we're really having one form or other of Spring. It's very cold during the night and well into the day, I'm having my second sinusitis attack as I'm typing and the trees look as if they can't decide between staying without leaves or letting them grow.
I'm indoors next to our loverly wood stove and going nowhere. If the sun does pop out for a teasingly brief time, the conservatory heats up in a jiffy and it is fairly agreeable to sit there.
But were not there yet. Alas.

No comments: