22.5.08

An essay on....what?


I have to write a page turning essay on the emergence and disappearance of photography.
Fine. If I just do a recap on everything we saw in class I'd be laughing all the way to the ....eh... keyboard.
But no. This course was just teeming with post modernistic drivel (and I don't mean in a Beuys way). I am contemplating doing a spoof of a post modernistic essay. Riddling it with quotes.... all by me, commenting on tidbits like I was the authority talking on the subject of the disappearance of photography. I've already dreamed up a few quotes I could use to litter across and discuss.
I really don't give a toss if he likes it. If he gets it, I'll get top marks. But I'll have to make it cunningly non obvious from the start and then gradually interweave it with PM spoof stuff.
I know that's going to take me ages, and I can only really start on it next week (last lesson hasn't been given). And I've still got 3 mayor exams and two museum visits in between.
He's given us a whopping three weeks to complete this Sisyphean task.




"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."

Hedley Lamarr

No comments: