24.6.08

Do as thou wilt

So I had some good news: I passed all of my exams. First class honours. Yay me!
So well on the way then.
I didn't think I did too well on Literary History. I got a 16 which isn't bad, could have been much, much worse. This was the second time round I had to study for this subject. The first time, back in February, I was stuck in Room 101 on the eve of the test. So I got an exemption and was able to take the test on Saturday.
The written part was easy, got about 20 little fragments of texts and/or a short description of a story and I had to name author and title of the work. Fellow students thought that the toughest part of it all. I think I got all of them right but I'm not to good at ad libbing on oral questions without any prep time.
I'm going to have to do a bit of extra reading on Petrarch (don't like him just because he was a tourist from the Middle Ages climbing the Mont Ventoux.) If he would have been alive today, I'd bet ¼ Sou he would have been there with his family in their caravan, listening to Radio Tour, waiting for the coureurs to come by.
And I need to read some more François Rabelais. I find him hilarious. Just because he was on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum makes it worth the while. Funnily enough, I had a quick glance at the list of most notable writers on it and I own or have read at least one work of nearly every author. I think that is also partly the reason why I have such an extensive library. If I get round to it I'll put all my books on librarything.com and then you can all speculate in what circle of hell I'll be spending eternity.

2 comments:

shrink said...

één dikke proficiat!

Mrs B said...

Mercikes hé!