2.6.08

Dynastically mine

Dynasties are doing my head in.
Umayyad, Abbasid, Seldjuk, Fatimid, Nasrid, Ilkahan, Timurid, Ottoman, Mughal, Safavid, Mamluk, Almohad , Almoravid,...
Last read through and then I'm off for the exam.

UPDATE:
Well, whaddayaknow. How's this for a coincidence: The above text was written a couple of hours before I had to do my exam on Art of the Islamic World. To illustrate my little snippit post I linked to a photograph of one of the beautiful iwans on the Registan square in Uzbekistan. Guess what? For my main question on architecture I got shown a picture of the Registan square and asked to situate and date, talk a bit about the Timurid dynasty and explain the main features of the buildings and the glazed tiled patterns.
With flying colours I should think.

No comments: